Why should I have a Family Wealth Trust?
Not only does a Family Wealth Trust provide for the disposition of your property (like a Will), but it also offers the following benefits:
- Provides for the immediate transfer or trust management and distribution in the future of assets after death;
- Allows for a smooth transition of management upon incapacity or death;
- Avoids the expense and hassle of probate proceedings;
- Minimizes estate taxes and defers payment of estate taxes for married couples;
- Allows for continued control over assets after death or incapacity;
- Provides security to you and your loved ones;
- Protects your children’s inheritance from their own potential divorce;
- Safeguards your estate for your kids if your surviving spouse remarries;
- Offers flexibility.