Cincinnati estate planning lawyers can help you to prepare for the future. People of all ages, in all family situations, and at all income levels should make certain that they talk with an experienced attorney so they can plan for end-of-life issues, asset protection, and securing their legacy. These are not issues to try to handle on your own, and you don’t want to wait because you never know when something might happen to you that would make you unable to take control over your destiny.
Zimmer Law Firm will work closely with you to understand your goals and to address the issues most likely to impact you and your family as you get older and if you get sick. One of the key ways that our firm assists you involves helping you to identify the legal tools you need to use — and to make effective use of those legal tools to put a comprehensive plan in place. You should give us a call today to find out about the assistance that we can offer and to get started making legal tools work for you.
Tools Cincinnati Estate Planning Lawyers Help You Use
Some of the many tools that Cincinnati estate planning lawyers can help you to use include:
- Trusts: Trusts are a powerful and versatile tool that can be used to accomplish many different goals. Revocable trusts can protect assets in case of incapacity and facilitate the transfer of assets outside of the probate process. Irrevocable trusts can provide strong protection for your assets, including keeping wealth safe in case you eventually come to require nursing home care. Specific types of trusts, such as a special needs trust or a spendthrift trust can help to ensure that the needs of your heirs or beneficiaries are met.
- Advanced directives: These tools are invaluable in helping you to take control over end-of-life issues. You can create advanced directives such as a living will and a healthcare power of attorney to ensure that the right person makes decisions in the event of your illness or injury and to ensure you have expressed your preferences for the types of serious medical interventions you do — and do not — want to undergo in the event of a medical emergency.
- A last will and testament: This is one of the most basic of the estate planning tools that you can make use of. It allows you to facilitate the transfer of assets after your death. Assets that you distribute in a last will and testament will have to pass through the probate process in most circumstances. However, this doesn’t mean a will isn’t a valid way to transfer wealth. Zimmer Law Firm will assist you in determining if the creation of a last will and testament is the best course of action for you.
There may also be other tools specific to your situation. That’s why it is so important to reach out to an attorney and get legal help. Not only that, but you should also make certain you are using these tools effectively and that any legal documents you create will be valid, enforceable, and provide the protections that you expect. Zimmer Law Firm will help with this process, so you should make certain you have a compassionate and knowledgeable member of our legal team assisting you.
Getting Help from Cincinnati Estate Planning Lawyers
Cincinnati estate planning lawyers at Zimmer Law Firm know the ins-and-outs of the estate planning process. We understand all of the different legal tools that are potentially available to you and we can provide support in making use of those tools to accomplish your goals. You should reach out to us today so we can get started on working with you to create your personalized plan.
To find out about the assistance that our firm can offer to you, give us a call at 513-721-1513. You can also join us for a free seminar to get more information about the types of estate planning tools that could be beneficial for you to make use of.
- Creating a Trust: What to Consider - March 23, 2023
- What You Need to Know about Planning for Elder Care - March 21, 2023
- Can a Trust Be Contested? - March 16, 2023