It is important that you have an estate planning attorney in order to ensure that you have made appropriate plans to protect yourself and your family. Many end-of-life issues can arise, and there could be many complex issues that your family must deal with after you pass away. If you have not made plans in advance, the wrong choices could be made, default laws could result in undesirable outcomes, and significant financial loss could occur. Zimmer Law Firm can help to make sure that does not happen.
Zimmer Law Firm provides comprehensive assistance with all aspects of estate planning and incapacity planning. We can help you to prepare for any of the surprises that can arise in life, including serious illness or injury.
We can also assist you in preparing for the inevitability of end-of-life so you can care for your loved ones and make certain that your legacy is secure. To discover more about the ways in which our legal team can help, give us a call today.
Why Do You Need an Estate Planning Attorney?
There are a lot of reasons you should hire an estate planning attorney, and some of the most important reasons may be specific to your personal or family situation. In general, however, top reasons for you to hire a legal professional to help with estate planning include the following:
- You need to hire an estate planning attorney to protect assets: You need to keep your wealth safe. There are many different sources of possible loss, including the high costs of nursing home care and irresponsible heirs who could quickly lose money that you leave to them. You should talk with an attorney to find out what kinds of asset protection tools could help you to keep your money and property from being lost.
- You need to hire an attorney who can help you to prepare for the issues that arise at the end of your life: If you get sick or are hurt, you may not be able to tell your doctors or family what kind of care you want to receive or decline. It is best that you have a plan in place that makes your preferences known so there is no confusion. An attorney can help you to create a plan. Your lawyer will also assist you in preparing to pay for nursing home care if you need it and in naming someone to manage your assets if you no longer can.
- You need to hire a lawyer who can assist you in planning to leave a strong legacy: You may want to leave money to charity. You may have a business that you hope to pass on to family members. You may want to make plans to leave substantial assets to loved ones and avoid estate tax. Whatever your situation, you should talk with an attorney about how you can use wills, trusts, pay-on-death accounts, joint ownership, and other estate planning tools so you can determine what happens to your life’s work.
Zimmer Law Firm can assist you with addressing all of the issues that matter to you and your loved ones. We help you to create a comprehensive plan that makes effective use of legal tools and that is tailored towards accomplishing your specific goals.
When Should You Hire an Estate Planning Attorney?
It is important that you hire an estate planning lawyer well before the time when you actually become incapacitated and well before you pass away. You never know when a sudden illness could strike or when you could get hurt, so you should not wait too long to talk with an experienced attorney and make your plans for the future.
Zimmer Law Firm provides appropriate help at all life stages with making an estate plan that is appropriate for your current situation. We can assist you in making certain that you have a plan in place and we can assist you in updating it as your life changes. Give us a call to find out more.
Getting Help from A Cincinnati Estate Planning Attorney
Zimmer Law Firm can offer you the assistance you need with all aspects of estate planning. To find out more about what should be a part of your plan and about how our legal team can assist you with knowledgeable and compassionate legal advice, download our estate planning checklist. You can also give us a call at 513.721.1513 to talk with a Cincinnati estate planning attorney for personalized advice. Call now, and don’t wait until something happens and it is too late for you to make your plans.
- Creating a Trust: What to Consider - March 23, 2023
- What You Need to Know about Planning for Elder Care - March 21, 2023
- Can a Trust Be Contested? - March 16, 2023