Many people have misconceptions about the type of help you can receive from an elder law attorney. Cincinnati residents can get help with many different things by working with a lawyer who is focused on elder law. Although it is commonly believed elder law attorneys only help with things like estate planning and only help seniors, this is simply not the case. Elder law attorneys have this title because the issues they help with are often of greatest interest to seniors, but many of the issues that they help with should actually be of interest to everyone.
If you want to make sure you have a solid plan in place for retirement, have protected yourself and your family in case of tragedy, and have taken steps to achieve financial security, you should get help from an elder law attorney.
Cincinnati lawyers at Zimmer Law Firm are here to provide the advice you need on a wide variety of different financial, legal and personal issues- and you will likely be surprised about all of the different ways in which we can help you.
Surprising Ways an Elder Law Attorney Cincinnati Can Help
There are many different situations where you can benefit by getting help from an elder law attorney. Cincinnati residents can work with Zimmer Law Firm to:
- Create a financial plan for the future. Your attorney can help you to determine how much you should be saving for retirement and other financial goals. Your attorney can provide advice on automating your savings and making sound investments.
- Take advantage of accounts that help you save. Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) and 529 college savings accounts exist to make it easier for you to save money and protect that wealth. An attorney can provide you with insight into how these accounts work, which you are eligible for, and which ones you should be using.
- Protect assets. An attorney assists you with identifying the risks to your financial security, purchasing the right types and amounts of insurance, and taking a variety of other appropriate asset protection steps.
- Make sure your children are cared for. If something unexpectedly happens to both parents before children are adults, provisions must be made to ensure they are cared for both financially and by responsible adults who offer daily care. An attorney can help you to name guardians and create trusts for your children.
- Make sure your pets are cared for. You don’t want your pets forced into a shelter or left homeless if something happens and you become incapacitated or pass away before your animals. An attorney helps make it possible to provide financially for your pets and to make sure they have a good home.
- Set your business up for success. If you are starting a company, you need to address succession issues in case of disability or in case of the untimely death of any of the owners of the company. It is also important to make sure you have plans for how your company can quickly transfer to new owners upon your death and to take steps to prevent your company from pushing the value of your estate high enough that it becomes subject to estate taxes.
- Make plans for healthcare. If you become incapacitated and cannot express preferences on extraordinary measures used to save your life, like the use of a feeding tube, you don’t want your family forced to address these issues without an indication of what you would want. An attorney helps you make your preferences clear in advance.
- Secure your legacy. An elder law attorney helps you to find the best and most productive ways to give to charity and to give to your family.
These are just some of many different surprising ways that an elder law attorney can offer you advice and assistance you need. You should speak with an attorney as soon as you can if you don’t have plans in place already, as you never know what could occur in your life.
Contact an Elder Law Attorney Cincinnati Today
An elder law attorney Cincinnati provides assistance with making sure your future is secure, your assets are safe, and you family is cared for even if something unexpected happens to you. To find out more about how Zimmer Law Firm can provide you with the help you need to be prepared for anything, download our estate planning checklist. You can also give us a call at 513.721.1513 to find out more about the personalized service we offer to prepare for your future.