***CLOSED DUE TO ROOM CAPACITY***
Have you ever wondered how your family will know what to do when the time comes for your estate planning to be put into action?
One big reason estate plans fail is that the people you choose to settle your estate or manage your affairs will not know what they are expected to do or when they are supposed to act.
Education and information are the keys for your family, successor trustees, and power of attorney agents to be ready to step up when needed. Our new, one-of-a-kind workshop is designed for them and for you if you are married because you may one day be a fiduciary for your spouse. Attendees will learn about the tools of your estate plan, the roles that various people will play, when the need to act and what they will need to do, and what information they will need. We will also cover tips on what you can do to prepare for the future, because simply making an estate plan is not enough!
The school follows a curriculum of written materials, review quizzes and Q&A sessions. Hypothetical case studies will be used to apply the real-life concepts that are taught.
- What your future fiduciaries need to know
- The tools of your estate plan, how and when they work, and who can use them
- What is the role of the fiduciaries when you die or become incapacitate
- Common mistakes and myths
- Practical tips on being a trustee or POA agent
- What you can do now to simplify the process of estate settlement later
- What should be done if you require nursing care
Reservations are required. Space is limited. Refreshments will be served.